Completed in cooperation with the Virginia Foundation for Agriculture, Innovation and Rural Sustainability (VA FAIRS), the “Feasibility Analysis of a Prototypical Chestnut Cooperative” reviews the economic and technical possibilities of establishing a prototypical chestnut selling cooperative in Virginia. The study takes a comprehensive look at all aspects of the project required to create a successful venture including the chestnut industry, farmer need, business organization and operation options, sales and marketing strategies, and applicable regulations. Additionally, the analysis includes a break-even financial model, as well as two scenario analyses looking at the effects of various changes to the model. Click here to view the full feasibility study.
- From Barley to Beer: A Guide for On Farm Brewing
- Feasibility Analysis of a Prototypical Chestnut Cooperative
- “New Poultry Processing Plant Bolsters Virginia’s Small-Scale Producers”
- “Agricultural Development Board Guide”
- “Buying Local?”
- “Beyond Barrels & Bottles: A Spirited Guide for On Farm Distilling