This publication is the third in the “Running a Food Hub” series from USDA Rural Development. The report examines the financial viability of new and existing food hubs, and serves as a companion piece to the other USDA reports on food hubs. Through industry research, interviews, and discussions, this report provides benchmarks which growing food hubs can use to see how financial changes impact operations. It is divided into three sections: Methods of Analysis, Operational Models, and Operational Models and Periods Comparison. Click here to view the full report.
- From Barley to Beer: A Guide for On Farm Brewing
- Feasibility Analysis of a Prototypical Chestnut Cooperative
- “New Poultry Processing Plant Bolsters Virginia’s Small-Scale Producers”
- “Agricultural Development Board Guide”
- “Buying Local?”
- “Beyond Barrels & Bottles: A Spirited Guide for On Farm Distilling